BEAR ONE ANOTHER'S BURDENS, AND IN THIS WAY YOU WILL FULFILL THE LAW OF CHRIST. GALATIANS 6:2
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our church and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
• a child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
• a congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
• a lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
• a caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages (men with men; women with women)
• someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need
If you or someone you know could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister, if you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister, or if you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry, please talk with one of our Stephen Leaders. We anticipate offering another training session in fall 2018.
Cynthia Johnson (Stephen Ministry Leader) 425-238-0325
Kim Johnson (referrals coordinator) 747-6580
Pastor Betsy Wynne 747-1058 x253